Mikelle's sweet puppy Chloee got hit by a car just a few houses down from our home. It was so difficult watching her suffer and I wasn't really sure I was ready to relive that experience by writing about it. I'm pretty sure she broke her ribs and punctured her lung. She coughed up blood for a good 25 mins until she finally passed away. I do not know what we would have done without the help of our neighbors Matt and Amy Ence. I still get teary when I remember the look in her eyes before she passed away. I think that having Chloee was a very big learning experience for the whole family. Even though she was really sweet and fun, she was a lot of work. She chewed and chewed and chewed up everything. Did I mention that she was always chewing on stuff? She tore up the whole drip system in the back yard. She would even chew up boxes in our garage that were sitting on the shelves. If it was in her reach she chewed and tore it apart. She wasn't even able to have any blankets or towels because she could shred them within minutes. She had an extreme amount of energy. She would literally jump over the top of our other dog, Daisy. Even after getting exercise she still had unlimited amounts of energy. She sat really funny and had a lot of other quirky personality traits. She will be missed greatly but it is also a huge blessing to not have her here right now. We were already debating what to do with her. She was so much work and too much work for Mikelle to take care. Mikelle earned a puppy. She originally wanted a smaller dog (which would have been great) but her dad really wanted a black lab like the one he used to have. I think that she felt compelled to have one because she wanted to impress her dad. It made the situation very difficult. We now have a better understanding of what our family can handle.
Matt took a really difficult test and passed! Yay! That was such a huge relief when all that was over. Hopefully he won't procrastinate until the last minute next time. I am really proud of him. He spent a lot of time studying for it. It was also at a time when he had a lot of big projects at work (example: the new airport.)You rock babe! I love you!
Christmas was great because of all the support and love from all of our family. Matt's test that he took was an extra $200 that we didn't really have to spend. Although he got reimbursed for it, it made things a little tight especially with all our other bills right now. I am really thankful for all of our family and the effort that they went into to make our Christmas special. We are truly blessed. Love and friendship truly are the best gifts in the world.
New Year's Eve came and I ended up with a bad case of hives. The following week after I got my next progesterone shot I ended up with my hives getting worse and a trip in the middle of the night to the ER. That was so much fun, NOT! I am also very sure that Benadryl causes me to have seizures. Although I didn't recognize that's what it was at first. After we got home from the ER I took some more Benadryl and started feeling yucky again. My heart was racing. I felt a weird feeling starting from my stomach and going up the rest of my body (kinda like the feeling before you pass out.) I was kinda light headed and then I started shaking uncontrollably again. Even my facial muscles were tight. That was when I realized I was having a seizure. I have had grand mal seizures in the past but never anything that I was conscious for. That was when I correlated the two. That was exactly how I felt before I had them in the past. Again, I am also left feeling thankful. I am thankful for priesthood blessings. I am thankful for a husband that lives in a way so that my family and I am able to have that blessing. I know that we will be okay. I just had a much better sense of peace after my blessing. It is such a great feeling to know I have a Heavenly Father that is taking good care of us. What a blessing!
The last couple of weeks we have had the flu. Matt and I had it a few days but poor little Logan has been miserable with it forever. He is finally mostly over it. He only threw up the first day, but the days following he just wanted to lay around and not do anything. He didn't even want to play Angry Birds one of the days. He is so obsessed with that game, so if he chooses not to play then he is really sick. He kept handing me his throw-up bowl and saying,"Um, no thanks. I don't want to do that any more. No thanks!" It was the saddest cutest thing ever. Even though he wasn't throwing up the whole time, he hardly ate anything. He is skinny as a rail. Poor kiddo. It is so nice to finally see his appetite is back and he is starting to play again. Honestly, I don't think I could have handled it any more. He is extremely whiny and even just a tiny amount of boogers in his nose sets him off. Then he cries and then he gets upset because he has tears. Yeah, it was a rough cycle!
The weather is starting to get really nice. Up in the high 50's. I took Kass, her friend Bailee, and Logan (before he got sick) to the Sand Dunes in Snow Canyon Park. It was so nice. I loved that I could lay around while Kass and Bailee ran around. Logan kept himself occupied forever just scooping sand and sticking sticks in the ground. He was so intent on his work that I could hardly even get him to look at me or talk to me. We have a spot in our yard for a sand pit. I think we will definitely need to clean it out and get us some nice sand for it.
I do not feel the least bit prepared for this baby. Our insurance changed this last July and it is awful! It is like the new "Obamacare." Let's just say that our deductible is insane. It's making it very difficult to have anything left over to buy stuff for the baby. Ha! It's actually making it very difficult just to have money to pay the bills, let alone any left over. We have been really blessed by family helping us out yet again. I still need to get a few essentials like a car seat for the baby... kinda important and some other things. Luckily, we are prepared with clothing for either a girl or a boy. Our sweet little baby was modest and did not want us to know what they were. I love that after trying so hard to get them to move we looked over at the face and they had a huge grin on their face. How cute is that? Little stinker! I can't believe how much I already love this little one and they are not even here yet. What a blessing!
Just today I found out that my grandma passed away.Grandma Florence, I just want you to know how much we love you! You will be missed greatly. You were a wonderful example of love and generosity. I have watched you give all you had even when you had so little. Your example of showing your love was truly inspiring. I can't even imagine the heartache you have felt losing a son and also losing your eternal sweetheart. I feel nothing but great peace knowing that you were greeted warmly and taken in their arms and also the arms of many others that also loved and missed you. It is such a blessing to know that you are no longer in pain and having to suffer from your earthly pains and sorrows. You will always hold a special place in my heart and in the heart of my children. I have so many great memories of our time together to share with my children and keep me company until we meet again. I loved playing with your costume jewelry and watching you cook. I love that you always made my favorite things eat, you even made them special just for me. I loved going to church with you and grandpa when I was younger. I loved the way you sang the hymns with such emotion and dedication as if you really were bearing your testimony to the words of the song. I love that you let me come to nursery instead of going to my own class. Your love for the little kids was astounding. I can't remember a time when you weren't babysitting or in the nursery or just happy to be around your grandkids or your great-grandkids. I love you forever!
Anyway, that has been our crazy life the last few months. Crazy, hectic, but still good, full of blessings.
2 comments:
You have been through a rough time sure enough! Sorry to hear about your grandma Florence; I know you really loved her. Hang in there, things are looking up. Love you, MomB
I have a carseat you can have. Cartr is too big for it. It's the carrier type. Zorn has told me we are done having kids. I was trying to figure out if anyone would need/want it. Let me know. It's in really good shape. We bought it the week before I had Cartr.
Post a Comment