Kassidee turned 6, May 3rd. Stephanie called her name into KONY country and she won (out of 25 names) one of the birthday prizes (a cake and flowers.) We had her birthday party at the Pine View Park. It was a little breezy but we still had a great time! The kids played at the splash pad and on the playground and had a great time trying to break the pinata. I had really good intentions on trying to make our own pinata, but it didn't work out.
What I learned was:
1) It's easier to buy one. (That's what we ended up doing.)
2) They require a lot of drying time.(FYI: Cornstarch dries faster than flour.)
3) Be patient while they are drying. Don't stick them in the sun thinking the heat will help the drying time. Our balloon expanded and popped and then the walls caved in. Oops!
4) They are very messy.
5) If they don't work they still make a cheap doll bed. (Mikelle thought that was really neat.)
6) Did I mention that it's easier to buy one? I'm still determined to make one, but next time we'll just buy one.
After the party we went to Pizza Factory and had dinner with my family and Bryce and Annalee's family. Overall, it was a really fun day and Kassidee had a really great time!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Kass! Wish we could have been there. It looks like you had fun. We miss you!
oh, fun! Maggie loves pinatas, too. Nice treasure chest cake- very cute! It looks so nice and warm there :)
We had a lot of fun!!! Thanks Dacia!
I can't believe how big your girls are!!! You should come visit :)
Post a Comment