Sunday, March 27, 2011

IT"S A GIRL!

 After much anticipation our sweet little angel is here!
Welcome:
Adria Grace Bergeson
Born: 12:40 am
7lbs 1 oz
19 inches long
Healthy and beautiful!



Getting all glammed up - first bath






Kassidee loves her new sister and has been making gifts for her.


This has definitely been one of my harder pregnancies. I have learned so much from each of my children. I have learned a lot from this little angel before she even arrived. I had horrible tailbone pain starting from the first of my pregnancy that got worse. I finally had Matt give me a blessing and felt much better after that. After awhile of feeling feeling fairly well I had another interesting scary situation.  I was taking progesterone shots to help with pre-term labor. I took them with Logan and didn't have any problems and carried clear to 37 weeks, which was a record for me. At about 28 weeks I started getting hives and then ended up in the ER because I was also having difficulty breathing and other weird things going on. Matt gave me a blessing before we left and I was feeling almost completely better by the time we got there. I had an allergic reaction to the shots. We also figured out that I was having seizures from taking the Benadryl. I had hives for about 2 months after that. I usually felt fairly good in the mornings but by the evenings I was having a lot of contractions and pressure and was kinda sore. I was pretty much bed rest by the evenings. By the time my hives went away I was feeling much better. It's kinda sad that I felt better the last month before my baby arrived than I did the 2 months before that. The 3rd trimester was rough. My little darling taught me a lot about patience and faith before she even arrived. I know that you may not be fully healed when receiving a blessing but our Heavenly Father is mindful of our situations. Matt said something in my blessing that really helped me get through everything. I knew it would be fine. I knew that our baby would be fine. It's was easy to doubt the outcome when I was still covered in hives and feeling horrible but I had those words to help me. I read in the recent Ensign about how  Priesthood blessings can be faith strengthening when you are completely healed, but when you are not healed they are Faith perfecting. Not knowing the gender of our baby was exciting but also discouraging. It was frustrating not knowing what to plan for. Again I learned a lot of patience. Sometimes you have to let go over some of your control and just trust that things will work out okay. With this pregnancy I was nervous for labor even though I never was with any of my other pregnancies. Well, this time was completely different than of my other ones. I have never had my water break before going into labor. I was just getting out of the bath around 7pm when I felt a gush of fluid. Being in the bath I thought, "That was either just water from the bath or maybe I can't control my bladder. Great! Another wonderful pregnancy thing!" In the back of my head I  thought maybe my water broke. I sat down with the family and watched a show. When I went to get up (around 10 pm) I felt a BIG gush of fluid and thought for sure that my water broke. We called my parents to come over with the kids and Matt and I left for the hospital. I still wasn't sure that we needed to stay there. They did a little test and sure enough my water had broken. They admitted us. My contractions were 9 mins apart and not bad at all. They were seriously way worse months ago. They gave me a small dose of pitocin.  I really didn't want to do that because I was worried that my contractions would get unbearable. It got my contractions closer together but they still really weren't that bad until I hit about 6cm dilated. At that point I was thinking maybe I wanted an epidural although I've never had one and I HATE needles. Within 15 mins I went from a 6 to a 9 and after a few pushes baby Adria was here! I liked the way Grace sounded as a middle name but I really feel that she came by the grace (love and mercy) of a loving Heavenly Father. I am thankful for all of my blessings through everything and for my family and friends and all their help. The best blessing,of course, is having a beautiful little baby to love and snuggle on.

Some say to have children is to put your life on hold but I know to have children is to hold life.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

CONGRATS!!! That is such a cute name, and she is adorable :)

Burton said...

Congrats Dacia! So fun, another girl! she is adorable. Hope you are feeling well!

brittany schley said...

i just cannot wait to come down and see her. your pregnancies always seem to be tough so it's good you don't have a long labor. make sure you tell her about me every night before she goes to sleep so she will like me when i come visit.

Luke and Erin said...

She is beautiful! Congrats!