Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mixes = easy

My kids somehow got it in their heads that they wanted scones.... for breakfast. Um... hello... what makes them think I have time to prepare that early in the morning? Okay, sure. Would you also like berries and whipped cream? Sausage, eggs and bacon while I'm at it? Seriously, I have no idea where the scone idea came from. I rarely even make them.
After a week of begging I finally made scones. If you know Kassidee, you know she is like a dog with a bone. She never ever gives up. (And I mean NEVER!) Although she was insistent that be for breakfast, she did allow me to make them for lunch with our soup (which BTW was freakin' fantastic with sharp and smoked gouda cheese. Yum!)
Interestingly enough, I had a mix for scones in our pantry under all the pancake mixes. Maybe I could have made scones for breakfast and just maybe I will be stocking up on more mixes. Hmmm... mixes = easy and lets face it, I am all about easy. "I'm easy like Sunday morning" (which BTW is never easy but that song just popped in my head.)
I even filled some with lemon filling and made little empanadas and then dusted powdered sugar on them. Yummy! Of course I didn't share any of those because I'm also selfish that way and I do what I want.
Yes, my recipe for success came in a box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy!