Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Plan


Kassidee and Mikelle love their dry erase boards. Kass was busy writing something on hers last night. I didn't really pay too much attention to it until this morning. It said tomorrow's plan and then listed what she wanted to get accomplished. Having a plan is very important to Kassidee. She is not a spur of the moment kinda girl and she doesn't like being rushed or forced to do anything. It makes it extremely difficult when we have a time limit or somewhere we need to be and especially if it isn't something she figures was in her plan. In fact it can be quite dramatic and involve a lot of kicking and screaming. (You can be rest assured though that I am trying to learn to behave myself. ha ha ha) I am not much of a planner. I am a more of a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal. If I was a better planner then I wouldn't have taken my desk that I'm refinishing outside to work on. Instead I would have looked at the weather and seen that there is a chance of rain. Maybe if I would have looked at the weather I could have planned better. There are of course some things that we just can't plan for. Most of them are hard life lessons and some of them are happy tender moments. All of them are good in their own way. Some times in the hard life lesson ones we lose focus and forget that it really is part of the plan, maybe not what we planned or intended but it is what our Heavenly Father intended. He is a loving and kind Heavenly Father and he didn't just send us here without a plan. I know that there are times when I'm just not sure if I can handle what is going on. I wonder if I am good enough. Am I a good enough parent? Am I teaching them all that I need to? Am I smothering or mothering?Am I a good wife to my husband? Am I helping him be successful in everything that I need to? Am I emotionally, mentally available to my family? Do I pay enough attention to them? Do I get too caught up in my own selfish desires? Then I remember. I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and there is great divinity in my role as a mother and a wife. Yes, my daughter is crazy emotional at the moment but she is MY daughter. I have been trusted with her in my care. It is part of the plan. She chose me and I chose her. If my Heavenly Father believes in me, why don't I believe in myself? Some weeks we may be barely scraping by, but then I remember how blessed we really are. Even when we are kind of tight some how we are always able to make it. We are always taken care of and have always had sufficient for our needs. Sometimes we just need to remember that there is already a plan in place and we just need to trust in it, believe in it, work for it. Today was one of those days when I was just worried about how things were going to turn out, but then was reminded by a simple plan that a 7 year old little girl wrote on a dry erase board. There is a bigger plan in place, but for the moment we just need to take each day one at a time and have faith that it will out work out okay.

No comments: