I love Easter! It is my favorite time of the year. I love all the new life. Flowers, baby chicks, bunnies.... all the cutesie stuff. More importantly I love the Savior. I love all that He has done for us and the how the Easter season really emphasizes His life and sacrifice (or at least it should.) I really wanted to focus on Jesus this Easter season. I picked out some really great books from Deseret book to put in the Easter baskets along with some candy. We use the same Easter baskets every year. I made them when the girls were young. I need to make some for Logan and Mia now too. Mikelle went with her dad this year to the cabin. I got to spend some special time with Kassidee on Saturday. We woke up to snow! Yay Snow! (Note the tad bit of sarcasm) Then we went to the Washington park to do their egg hunt and got rained on. It mostly just sprinkled. Then we went to the Washington pool for the Duckie Drop. Kass and Mia had lots of fun swimming. Logan and I didn't have a suit so we just watched. It was a blast! Kass won a free kids meal to DelTaco and Chili's and a free swim pass for a day, and a few other small candies and things.We had a special guest appear at our Sunday services in our ward. President Uchtdorf and his wife showed up and he shared with us a nice Easter message. We have some more fun activities planned for tomorrow with the whole family (since Mikelle will be with us.) So far it has been a really great Easter!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Easter
I love Easter! It is my favorite time of the year. I love all the new life. Flowers, baby chicks, bunnies.... all the cutesie stuff. More importantly I love the Savior. I love all that He has done for us and the how the Easter season really emphasizes His life and sacrifice (or at least it should.) I really wanted to focus on Jesus this Easter season. I picked out some really great books from Deseret book to put in the Easter baskets along with some candy. We use the same Easter baskets every year. I made them when the girls were young. I need to make some for Logan and Mia now too. Mikelle went with her dad this year to the cabin. I got to spend some special time with Kassidee on Saturday. We woke up to snow! Yay Snow! (Note the tad bit of sarcasm) Then we went to the Washington park to do their egg hunt and got rained on. It mostly just sprinkled. Then we went to the Washington pool for the Duckie Drop. Kass and Mia had lots of fun swimming. Logan and I didn't have a suit so we just watched. It was a blast! Kass won a free kids meal to DelTaco and Chili's and a free swim pass for a day, and a few other small candies and things.We had a special guest appear at our Sunday services in our ward. President Uchtdorf and his wife showed up and he shared with us a nice Easter message. We have some more fun activities planned for tomorrow with the whole family (since Mikelle will be with us.) So far it has been a really great Easter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment